I love when my time trolling around the internet pays off with a wow video like this one.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mCuFYfJdI&w=560&h=315]
Each winter evening, attracted by the heat of the city, 5 million starlings stream into Rome. Before they roost, their maneuvers create nature’s greatest aerial display.
But their spectacular performance isn’t for fun. The peregrine falcon is looking for his evening meal and he’s hunting the world’s best formation flying team.
More birds in flight (by John Downer Productions)…[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4mPPDoMSQI&w=560&h=315] [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bneK4kpIPY&w=560&h=315] [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqNxco4xcpI&w=560&h=315] I’m off to start watching the Earthflight series, whence these wonderful video sequences were extracted, with my son and hubby! PS. Whence? I’ve been watching Game of Thrones.
photo via flickr.com by amberlight1
Lynn (the founder of this blog) lives in Chicagoland with her son, husband and two cats. She loves sunrises, running, yoga, chocolate, NYR, reading and writing, Her very survival depends on comedy. In her spare time, she avoids household duties (especially folding laundry) and tries to write. Some call her a treehugger, others say she's a social media addict. You'll most likely find her on twitter (@LynnHasselbrgr, @myEARTH360 and @IC4ME) and facebook. She hopes to make the world a better place, have more fun, re-develop her math skills and overcome her fear of public speaking.
keep up with “it”
- My High Anxiety: Learning to Walk Downstream.
- 10 Ways to Pull Up Your Winter Boot Straps & Overcome the Winter Blues.
- How I Crushed My Addiction to Candy Crush.
- Running from Crazy: Mariel Hemingway (and me).
- 8 Lesser-Known, Fun Facts About Me.
- Just Call Me “Bitch On Wheels.”
- 7 Quotes on Fear & Flying
- My Slow Goodbye to the Farm.
- 10 Life Lessons I’ve Learned in the Last (Almost) 50 Years.
- Having the Courage to Start.