It’s easier to say what creativity isn’t. A bit like the sculpture who, when asked how he had sculpted a very fine elephant explained that he’d taken a big block of marble and then knocked away all the bits that didn’t look like an elephant.Creativity is not a talent. It is not a talent. It is a way of operating.
~ John Cleese
John Cleese leverages his awesome humor to explain the five things needed to open up to creativity.
5. A 22 inch waist.
The full lecture.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VShmtsLhkQg]
Lynn (the founder of this blog) lives in Chicagoland with her son, husband and two cats. She loves sunrises, running, yoga, chocolate, NYR, reading and writing, Her very survival depends on comedy. In her spare time, she avoids household duties (especially folding laundry) and tries to write. Some call her a treehugger, others say she's a social media addict. You'll most likely find her on twitter (@LynnHasselbrgr, @myEARTH360 and @IC4ME) and facebook. She hopes to make the world a better place, have more fun, re-develop her math skills and overcome her fear of public speaking.
keep up with “it”
- My High Anxiety: Learning to Walk Downstream.
- 10 Ways to Pull Up Your Winter Boot Straps & Overcome the Winter Blues.
- How I Crushed My Addiction to Candy Crush.
- Running from Crazy: Mariel Hemingway (and me).
- 8 Lesser-Known, Fun Facts About Me.
- Just Call Me “Bitch On Wheels.”
- 7 Quotes on Fear & Flying
- My Slow Goodbye to the Farm.
- 10 Life Lessons I’ve Learned in the Last (Almost) 50 Years.
- Having the Courage to Start.