Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ~ Douglas Adams
afraid scared sh*tless of flying in the literal sense, like on an airplane—hello Xanax—I strive to fly figuratively in life (and once in a while, I’m lucky enough to fly in my dreams).
Here’s a mix of quotes on facing fear and flying—plus some amazing videos of somewhat insane humans and perfectly choreographed birds soaring through the sky. Makes you wonder what could happen if we just let go…
The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings. ~ J.M. Barrie, The Little White Bird
A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Children of Húrin
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
~ Jim Morrison
Do one thing every day that scares you. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it. ~ J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Just for fun: Kittens fly!
If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing. ~ Coco Chanel
Lynn Hasselberger is an official Green Diva who lives in Chicagoland with her son, husband and two cats. She loves sunrises, running, yoga, chocolate, reading and writing, Her very survival depends on comedy. Learn more HERE. In her spare time, she avoids household duties and tries to write. Some call her a treehugger, others say she's a social media addict. You'll most likely find her on twitter (@LynnHasselbrgr, @myEARTH360 and @OrgGreenDivas) and facebook. She hopes to make the world a better place, have more fun, re-develop her math skills and overcome her fear of public speaking.
keep up with “it”
- Why My Fear of Public Speaking is Worse Than Yours
- How I Turn 8 Mundane Things I Hate To Do Into Joyful Moments
- My High Anxiety: Learning to Walk Downstream.
- 10 Ways to Pull Up Your Winter Boot Straps & Overcome the Winter Blues.
- How I Crushed My Addiction to Candy Crush.
- Running from Crazy: Mariel Hemingway (and me).
- 8 Lesser-Known, Fun Facts About Me.
- Just Call Me “Bitch On Wheels.”
- 7 Quotes on Fear & Flying
- My Slow Goodbye to the Farm.